Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Guerrilla Marketing

We have officially launched Brooklyn Dog Runners with our inaugural marketing camping, a Brooklyn inspired marketing angle. I ran around the neighborhood with packing tape and flyers and attacked a few lampposts and community boards. Always the multi-tasker, I managed to turn a 5 mile training run into a work day as well. I set out from my house and planted the first flyer at Humboldt and Montrose.

















I thought that a smart move, after starting close to home, would be to hit up some local parks. From Montrose I swung a left on Bushwick Avenue and then turned right on Olive Street to stop by Cooper Park. There is a really nice dog run there so I hung a flier on the community board then went ahead and ran a loop around the park. The weather was glorious today, real adventure weather, which in my book includes light rain and strong winds. Not weather so extreme that it knocks you down or makes you soaking wet but just creates a sense of urgency and makes you run faster. Before I cut back to Bushwick Avenue, I saw a couple of these flyers up. It's for a Brooklyn PUP Crawl over the Brooklyn Bridge. It's free they just ask for a small donation that goes to the ASPCA. It looks like a fun date night for you and your dog! Check it out at www.thepupcrawl.com

From Cooper Park I went back to Bushwick Avenue via Olive Street and then made a right on Humboldt to head over to McCarren Park. Slipping under the BQE I made a left on Bayard Street and stopped to illuminate a lamp post on the wonders of Brooklyn Dog Runners. Here I am commemorating our first marketing campaign on the corner of Bayard and Lorimer Street.

At this point I ran out of packing tape and made a mental note to bring up our lack of supplies at the next board meeting. I still had some ground to cover for training so I proceeded to take Driggs Avenue under the Williamsburg Bridge and then made a left on Broadway, a left on Havemeyer, a right on Grand and kept on running until I got the Willburg Cafe where I snagged an iced coffee and talked with my friend Aurora for a while. It was a great day on the job to say the least. Thanks for catching up on the blog and make sure to become our fan on Facebook... and tell your friends and their friends. Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment